Monday 3 September 2007

…the hardest part is convincing yourself you need it?

Today I start my diet. As part of my annual trips to Brazil comes the preparation for it, and one of the most important ones is to look beautiful. I do want compliments when I go back and much prefer those tha the bitter comments I'll get otherwise. More than that, this time I do feel my heath is taking its toll on the hectic life lived the past months. I am used to eat my fruit and veg, but with all the flat refurbishment

And people coming to stay every month (no kidding, I has someone around since February and more than once they stayed more than a month) was hard to keep the menu going the way I like it. I ended up eating out – A LOT – eating what other people would make – with far much more salt, sugar, oil and fat than I am used to – and lunch resumed to sandwiches, and white bread is never good for you.

 

It is not like I fell I am fat, to be honest I feel like I've been fatter before, but I can feel on my clothes getting tighter, my hair and nails getting weaker, so I have to stop this vicious cycle and do something about it.

 

With the trip insight, I have the perfect motivation. And I know it always helps me to get there. My worst problem is when I come back from Brazil. I always look for comfort on the food. Its not it makes happy, but the way my mind works is to compensate the fact my family and friends are so far away and I have to put up with it, so it's only fair I don't have to torture myself because I want to eat something and I can't.

 

But I am glad I took the first steps, of identifying something is wrong and trying to fix it.
I truly believe I must comvince myself something is really wrong with me to put it right, and not only weigh-wise
The target is to loose 8Kg (~16 Lb) till December. I know I can do it, and anything I achieve will be a victory, even more if I start feeling better as well =)
 

 

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of luck to you... after the first year, I think you keep your weight, don't you?
Do you already know that I'm vegetarian? I don't remember if I told you that...
Good luck... kisses...

Chris said...

I should join you... I need to disappear with 13 Kg. They don't belong here!!!!!! But as you, I tend to compensate all the problems (lack of sun, summer, beach, good food, nice home, Johnny Depp, kids starving in Africa,...) eating notty food (especially chocolate, loads!, pasta and cheese). Need to start exercising as well.

I Beatrice said...

I wish you well in the endeavour, Agape! Though it has to be said that all my life I have been making similar resolutions - and usually failing. But you are young, and have the perfect motivation, so I'm sure you will succeed!

I have a different dilemma to overcome. I am entering the final phase of my novel now, and it requires a supreme effort of will just to keep blogging it. It's so very long now, that nobody new would dare to try to take it on. Which can feel very very discouraging from this end!

So, wish me luck too, won't you?

And visit me again just once before I go, won't you please...?