Thursday 23 August 2007

…we should include movies on our revolution?

 

 

Okay, this is the second part of my revolution theory. The media must suffer a coup as well.

Yesterday, as a treat to hubby – who will be 28 tomorrow, oh my god how time just flies by you! – we went to see Transformers on the big screen.

I have to confess I loved it. I loved the visual and the audio. I got goose bumps during Optimus Prime speeches, but maybe that was just the PMT in action ;)

The plot is pretty much weak, but we have to understand this is a kid's movie, it's got to be simple so they know what this is about.

The acting, apart from Sam and the hacker, was really poor. I loved the two of them but the rest was really annoying! Oh, the joys of overacting.

The ministry of defense could not be worse ! The Australian girl gave on   my nerves.

And now we get to the part where my revolution start. The girlie girly girlidie girlididdie girl who is the movie hero. Why the good boy always has to fall for the sexy, slim, abs of steel, lighted eyes women?

Why the men are always the geek ones who end up cuddling the hottest girl in the universe? Why not, like the man, the girl could not be an ordinary, bit of fatty, geek with glasses girl?

This pressure to be more than perfect disgusts me. Its because all this obsession about the way you look and what you have that makes the world so possessive and live in a capitalist regime where the means justifies the end.

Well, at least hshe was a brunette *sigh*

Of course there was a geek on the movie - it's a movie about robots for pete's sake! – but even her was gorgeous! Beatiful long shining blonde her. I wonder where she has the chance after sitting down for almost twelve hours a day in front of a computer to treat her her, go to the gym and take care of the house…

 

As I said, this is a kid's movie. They get impressed by that. Oh what the hell, we adults do as well! It is all on their little and our big minds what good, intelligent, successful people should look like.

 

Instead we should be learning what counts is REALLY what is inside.

 

So, my second law of the utopia revolution is people will get cast for media figures like in real life.  What is likable to happen?

Utopia meaning I know it will never happen, because it will never sell. If people wanted fantasy to be like real life they'd look on the papers, not go to the movies. But it's a sad sad thing we humans species must fight against, and try not to see the need to be like in the movies after all ;)

 

Like Lauryn Hill once wisely said: "Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need"

 

----------

Note: They have blocked all my blogs access from work L So my visits to my dear blog-friends will be rare from now on, I'll try once a week, so don't think I forgot you =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl,
You're totally right. In the real world is very, very difficult to deal with all the things they show on the big screen... we have a lot to do and, most of time, we decide not to take care of ourselves... we have to choose. It's not easy!
I love it: Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need. I will think about it...
Lot of things to do here. Sorry for the late visit.
Kisses!