Thursday 5 July 2007

...the weather forecast service is crap?

This morning I was astonished by the weather forecast BBC gave us all.

Here we are, desperate for a bit of sunny news, and what do they say?

"It will be a dry day today and fingers crossed it will continue over the weekend"

Finger crossed?? I don't pay TV license to cross my fingers ! I want competent , reliable news, and if you can't give me any - let's face it, you can believe any forecast in the world as much you can believe in horoscopes - just don't tell me to hope for the best. You were supposed to give me scientific biased info. Fat chance we'll have that then...

But I'll tell you what I'll do with my fingers.

Some may say is also the "V" for victory gesture, but I do have another meaning just for you me dear! Turn you hand around and you'll know what I am talking about (well, at least if you live in UK you will, lol)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woh... I think it's the first time that I saw you saying things like that... I'm surprised!
Everybody is laughing about the weather forecast... if I'm not wrong there's even a movie about it...
Luciana

Chris said...

Maybe it's because the weather in the UK is totally in the hands of God and his mood. Or maybe God gave up this place forever and now there's no way technology can help to 'predict' it. Call Mãe Dinah, I bet she will give a better shot! hahaha

Agape said...

Lu, get ready to see a new Agape coming =) I think she is my dark side, my Samantha to the usual Charlotte wo is usually around , lol (sex and the city ways...)

Qris, isnt it the case all over the world? I believe if they dont have the means to forecast it, they should scarp the whole thing and put an episode of Spongebob squarepants on that slot instead, lol !!!