Monday 23 July 2007

...it is hard to resist the curiosity?

I have never read Harry Potter. I don't plan to, to be honest.

What I wanna do (as I plan to do with the so-talked-about series Lost) is to wait for all the movies to be finished. Then I will rent all at once one very cold cosy winter weekend and watch it all at once.

I really hate being curious, if you want to see me climbing up the walls, tell me you'll say something later. You won't see the end of it!

That is why I always have to read the book until the last page (actually I always ready the last phrase before I even begin the book) , watch movies until the credits are rolling (and I don't like missing the start either) no matter how bad they are. This has put me in a lot of trouble, because I actually feel anxious when I cannot finish something I started, sometimes everybody will have walked out the room and I'll be there, eyes fixed on the screen waiting for the terrible movie to finish.

 

But why did I bring all this out again? Oh yeah! The last **or at least until the next one** Harry Potter book was out this weekend. And now I wanna know how it finishes. But I don't wanna read it – would take too long - or wait two years **even longer** to know it from the movies. I wanna know it here and now.

 

I don't know no one who reads it, and I don't have any good source on the net to look for it.

But I'll do it.  I am sure, my moments of boredom will be fulfilled with this task now.

Anything to get my fix of curiosity satisfied these days J


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed that I'm anxious too.. by the way this moment of my life can be defined as the "anxious era"... I want to do everything and I need to wait to do everything I want to do... it's terrible...
And about Harry Potter I would love to know how it ends... so if you find anything... let me know, please!

I Beatrice said...

I have been lucky enough to have a kind builder-friend, Agape, who gives me a scene-by-scene account of every Harry Potter book as it comes out.

That way, I don't have to read them myself - though I do now and then watch the films...